Mystery at Big Ben (Around the World in 80 Mysteries) by Carole Marsh
- Author: Carole Marsh
- eBook title: Mystery at Big Ben (Around the World in 80 Mysteries)
- Category: Children's Books
- Subcategory: Literature & Fiction
- ISBN: 1424232252
- ISBN13: 978-1424232253
- Size PDF: 1403 kb
- Size eBPUB: 1317 kb
- Other Formats: azf odf lit pdf ibooks mobi cb7
- Rating: 5.0 ✫
- Votes: 389
- 1317 downloads at 19 mb/s
- 1403 downloads at 22 mb/s
• Online eBooks allow readers to access their book anytime, from anywhere – by using a computer, tablet, or other device with Internet access.
• They require NO additional access or hosting fees – When you purchase a library bound Carole Marsh Mystery book, you get unlimited access to the Online eBook version for FREE.
• You don’t need to download Online eBooks – they are available to you online 24/7!
• Online eBooks are available exclusively from Gallopade, and are compatible with Macs, PC, iPad, and other devices with Internet access.
Mimi and Papa speed away to London, England in their little red and white airplane, The Mystery Girl. Tagging along are grandchildren Christina, 10, and Grant, 7. Mimi, a children's mystery book writer, has an appointment with the Queen! Papa is headed for the Rosetta Stone. The kids are supposed to go to the Tower of London and "behave themselves." But, uh-oh, Grant spots a big problem with Big Ben...and he and his sister, along with their two new best friends, George and Maggie, take a whirlwind tour from the top of the Eye, up the Thames River, down into a dungeon, and more -- in search of clues to solve The Mystery of Big Ben!
This mystery incorporates history, geography, culture and cliffhanger chapters that keep kids begging for more! This mystery includes SAT words, educational facts, fun and humor, Built-In Book Club and activities. This book includes a map, inline glossary definitions, and lots more! This Carole Marsh Mystery also has an Accelerated Reader quiz, a Lexile Level, a Fountas & Pinnell guided reading level and a Developmental Reading Assessment.
LOOK what's in this mystery - people, places, history, and more! Places: The Ritz Hotel • Big Ben (where Clue #1 is found) • Eye in the Sky Ferris wheel • The British Museum (where clue #2 is found) • Harrod’s department store • Tower of London • St. Paul’s Cathedral • Cleopatra’s Needle • Globe Theater • 221b Baker Street (fictional home of Sherlock Holmes) • Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum • Buckingham Palace • Heathrow Airport • Paris, France • London Bridge • Tower Bridge • Piccadilly Circus • Times Square (New York), USA • London Underground • Thames River • Outer Banks, North Carolina, USA • Savannah, Georgia • Washington, D.C., USA
Educational Items: The plays and productions of William Shakespeare • Rosetta Stone • History of St. Paul’s Cathedral • History of the Tower of London • History of the Globe Theater • Eros (mythology) • Big Ben • Elgin Marbles • London Bridge • Crown Jewels • Bubonic Plague • Statue of Liberty • Changing of the Guard
People: Sherlock Holmes • Lindow Man • Jack the Ripper • Blackbeard the Pirate • Sir Walter Raleigh
Below is the Reading Levels Guide for this book:
Grade Levels: 3-6
Accelerated Reader Reading Level: 4.7
Accelerated Reader Points: 3
Accelerated Reader Quiz Number: 103233
Lexile Measure: 730
Fountas & Pinnell Guided Reading Level: Q
Developmental Assessment Level: 40
Get your FREE Resources!
1. Download the Carole Marsh Mysteries Around The World Correlations to Common Core/State Standards HERE.
2. Download the Where in the World Have You Been map HERE.
3. Download additional activities including Fact or Fiction, Fascinating Facts, Book Club Discussion and Book Club Activities HERE.
4. Utilize the Around the World Common Core State Standards Teacher Resource for classroom discussion questions and activities for ELA grades 2-6. This can be used for all 19 mysteries HERE.
5. Want a sneak peak? Read the first three chapters HERE.
The Mystery at Big Ben is recommended by Sylvan Learning's Book Adventure reading program. Book Adventure is a FREE reading motivation program for children in grades K-8. Sylvan Learning is the leading provider of tutoring and supplemental education services to students of all ages.