Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2007, 1e (HODGSON/NURSES DRUG HNDBK)
- Author: -
- eBook title: Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2007, 1e (HODGSON/NURSES DRUG HNDBK)
- Category: Other
- Subcategory: Medicine & Health Sciences
- ISBN: 1416036121
- ISBN13: 978-1416036128
- Size PDF: 1568 kb
- Size eBPUB: 1476 kb
- Other Formats: azf odf lit pdf ibooks mobi cb7
- Rating: 4.0 ✫
- Votes: 357
- 1476 downloads at 19 mb/s
- 1568 downloads at 22 mb/s
- Provides a comprehensive foldout IV compatibility chart with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- Presents over 1,000 generic name drugs (encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs) organized alphabetically with A to Z tabs to provide quick and easy access.
- Distinguishes side effects and adverse reactions and lists the effect or reaction by frequency of occurrence, which allows the nurse to easily identify which are most likely to occur.
- Incorporates frequently used herb monographs in the A to Z portion of the book, plus additional herb information in the appendix. Herbal information is also cross-referenced to the appendix, as applicable.
- Covers herbal interactions within drug entries.
- Includes a classifications section with an overview of actions and uses for drug families.
- UNIQUE! Identifies the top 400 prescribed trade name drugs within the monograph to help the user identify the most frequently administered drugs.
- Includes extensively expanded IV content with a heading for IV compatibilities, and expanded rates of infusion, reconstitutions, drip rates, test doses, flushing, and incompatibilities.
- Special, second-color icon for "High-Alert Drugs" to caution nurses to use extra care in administering drugs most likely to cause harm.
- Organizes nursing considerations in a functional nursing process framework and includes headings for Baseline Assessment, Intervention/Evaluation, and Patient/Family Teaching.
- Includes lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations, such as pediatric, geriatric, hepatic, and immune- or renal-compromised patients.
- Includes fixed combinations in dosages of each combined drug.
- Provides a new drug supplement with abbreviated information on the latest FDA-approved drugs released in the spring of 2006.
- UNIQUE! Includes a complimentary mini CD-ROM with customizable and printable monographs of the 400 most commonly used drugs as well as an interactive drug calculator.
- Offers free access to a companion Evolve website, which includes quarterly drug updates plus other valuable drug-related information.
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information is incorporated into the Interactions section and under Nursing Considerations.
- UNIQUE! Quick-reference charts of IV infusion rates for critical care medications.
- Includes a Drugs by Disorder feature that lists the most commonly used drugs for specific disorders.
- Includes a color atlas of pills with color photos of 200 pills to allow the nurse to identify and visually distinguish different pills.
- UNIQUE! Cross references top 400 U.S. brand name drugs directly in the main section of the book.
- UNIQUE! Lists all newly approved drugs on the inside front cover of the book.
- Full monographs for approximately 25 to 40 newly approved drugs by the FDA provide the most current drug information.
- New interactions, precautions, alerts, patient teaching instructions, and other need-to-know information included throughout as needed to ensure safe drug information.
- New table for drugs used in rapid-sequence endotracheal intubations.
- New features to promote safe drug administration, such as "Tall Man" lettering, recommended by the FDA.
- New appendix on P450 inducers and inhibitors.