The Mask Handbook: A Practical Guide by Toby Wilsher
- Author: Toby Wilsher
- eBook title: The Mask Handbook: A Practical Guide
- Category: Crafts, Hobbies & Home
- Subcategory: Crafts & Hobbies
- ISBN: 0415414377
- ISBN13: 978-0415414371
- Size PDF: 1513 kb
- Size eBPUB: 1267 kb
- Other Formats: azf odf lit pdf ibooks mobi cb7
- Rating: 3.5 ✫
- Votes: 492
- 1267 downloads at 19 mb/s
- 1513 downloads at 22 mb/s
This book, from Europe’s leading Mask director and co-founder of the Trestle Theatre Company, provides a fascinating demystification of the process of using masks.
Full of simple explanations, and collating over twenty-five years’ experience of writing for, directing and acting in masks, The Mask Handbook examines how masks have the ability to play the fundamental game of theatre – the suspension of disbelief.
The Handbook includes:
- an introduction to the origin of masks
- advice on preparing, making and using masks
- tips on writing, devising and directing maskwork
- lots of fun and effective practical exercises.
This accessible and inspiring handbook will empower teachers, directors and actors to fully explore the world of the mask.