Tools for Building Culturally Competent HIV Prevention Programs: With CD-ROM by Julie Solomon PhD, Jacquelin Berman PhD MSW, Josefina J. Card PhD
- Author: Julie Solomon PhD, Jacquelin Berman PhD MSW, Josefina J. Card PhD
- eBook title: Tools for Building Culturally Competent HIV Prevention Programs: With CD-ROM
- Category: Medical Books
- Subcategory: Medicine
- ISBN: 0826115179
- ISBN13: 978-0826115171
- Size PDF: 1690 kb
- Size eBPUB: 1566 kb
- Other Formats: azf odf lit pdf ibooks mobi cb7
- Rating: 4.5 ✫
- Votes: 462
- 1566 downloads at 19 mb/s
A comprehensive guide to creating, implementing, and evaluating culturally competent HIV prevention programs.
Recent literature on effective HIV/AIDS prevention programs underscores the importance of cultural sensitivity and cultural competence in the delivery of services and care. Successful prevention interventions must be tailored for their target populations. Yet many HIV/AIDS prevention professionals struggle to meet the specific needs of their communities.
Tools for Building Culturally Competent HIV Prevention Programs contains a variety of well-informed, evidence-based approaches to HIV prevention programs. It offers all the tools practitioners need to launch an effective prevention program: from identifying program goals and objectives, to developing program models, to recruiting and retaining staff, and finally to conducting evaluations and reporting results. All material is filtered through a cultural perspective and methods are tailored to specific racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
- Additional resources are included to assist in the preparation and development of your prevention program, such as:
- Federal standards and guidelines for culturally competent health care and social service provision
- True-life case studies that show how other HIV prevention programs succeeded
- Checklists, worksheets and templates to create, monitor, and manage your program
- Customizable checklists and worksheets that you can use in your program
- A demonstration of the Virtual Program Evaluation Consultant (VPEC) software program, a program evaluation service offered by Sociometrics Corporation. Purchasers of this book will get a three-month license to VPEC free
The CD includes:
Use the companion volume, The Complete HIV/AIDS Teaching Kit (with CD-ROM, in your prevention program to assist you in providing an overview of the incidence, prevalence, prevention, and treatment of HIV/AIDS to all your students, patients, or clients.