A dictionary of music. Translated from the French of Mons. J. J. Rousseau. By William Waring. by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- Author: Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- eBook title: A dictionary of music. Translated from the French of Mons. J. J. Rousseau. By William Waring.
- Category: Arts & Photography
- Subcategory: History & Criticism
- ISBN: 1140671499
- ISBN13: 978-1140671497
- Size PDF: 1802 kb
- Size eBPUB: 1786 kb
- Other Formats: azf odf lit pdf ibooks mobi cb7
- Rating: 3.6 ✫
- Votes: 442
- 1786 downloads at 19 mb/s
The eighteenth-century fascination with Greek and Roman antiquity followed the systematic excavation of the ruins at Pompeii and Herculaneum in southern Italy; and after 1750 a neoclassical style dominated all artistic fields. The titles here trace developments in mostly English-language works on painting, sculpture, architecture, music, theater, and other disciplines. Instructional works on musical instruments, catalogs of art objects, comic operas, and more are also included.
The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:
<Notes>The plates are also numbered 469, 470, in continuation of the pagination.
<imprintFull>London : printed for J. French, [1775?]. <collation>468p.,II plates : ill.,music ; 8°